Monday 5 March 2018

Monthly Goals #3

Hey guys,


I know in my last post I said about having a break and kind of 're-starting' this, but I just cant bring myself to miss a week. It's one thing I have been able to keep consistent in my life - not to be dramatic but its true haha. However, I have been thinking of some ideas and trying to figure out how to make this more interesting for everyone. So, here's to the future!

Anyways, I've been quite happy with this sort of post, I think it is nice to set a goal and review it at the end of the month.

I can become unmotivated quite easily. For example, I haven't done any art since leaving college. Which makes me very sad because I do enjoy it. Once I have an idea, I am well away - its just getting that initial push I need. At college we had topics and had to basically make art inspired by that topic. Well, now that I have left, I have no one giving me ideas or topics. Which bring me to this months goal.

I want to get back into art. I want to fall back in love with it. At college I got some discouragement which sometimes put me off going for bigger and harder outcomes. I can do what I want, how I want now. After all, that is one of the reasons for me leaving prematurely.

So this month, I'd like to make my own brief, and work towards it. Making maybe, 5 outcomes and showing you them next month. 5 maybe a little ambitious, but hey, why not set a challenge?


Now if you read my 'Monthly Goals #2' post, you will know that I set myself the target of learning how to knit. And I am now the Knitting Master. Obviously I'm joking but I have significantly improved. Thank you to my mum for helping me.

I started off small and worked my way up. And today I managed to knit a well sized square without any mistakes. GO ME. It's honestly beautiful. It's not stressful anymore either, I literally sat down with some background music on, knitting for a good hour, maybe two hours long. I wasn't consumed by my phone, or worrying about anything. Just focusing on this one little thing I set myself and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm definitely going to carry this on and learn some more stitches and techniques.

Overall I am very proud of my little self, and I'm glad I set this as my goal. And hopefully, this time next month I'll have some artwork I'm proud of to show you.

Adios amigos!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment