Monday 7 September 2015

France Trip!

Hey guys,

So this is going to be mainly about my trip to France as I have a lot to say!

So last Monday, at half nine I had to be up and ready, at school, ready to leave for a week's worth of water sports. Honestly, I was absolutely dreading it! I was the biggest person there and obviously wearing wet suits and all things water sports-y was new to me. I have only just concurred putting on a swimsuit and going swimming in a public pool. This trip meant I had to be uncomfortable with myself and how I looked surrounded by people who I thought would judge my every move. 

It actually turned out a lot better than that, we all had to wear shorts and t-shirts for the activities. So obviously I was more at ease with myself. Plus, once I got into whatever we were doing that day, I didn't really notice what I looked like or if people were even looking at me.
To be honest, why would people just be looking at me, judging me when we're sat on a beautiful beach or in the fresh cold sea?!

At one point, I felt quite self conscious because I had to have the large size of boynce aid (I have no idea how to spell it, a BA, if you wish) but once I had it on that was that. I accepted what I had and got on with it. I didn't want to ruin my holiday! 

Anyway, onto the good stuff!
Our holiday was split into three sections: 3 days at the first PGL place (mimosa), a day at the water park Aqua land, and then finally another three days at another PGL place (Domaine de segries, or segs as we called it). At mimosa we did body boarding and windsurfing. The rest we sailed boats, we did the pico, Catamaran and banana boats. Out of all these my favourite was definitely the catamarans! I felt so safe on them so I wasn't worried. But they also went really quickly, I loved it! I hated the banana boats! Absolutely hated it, never again! I won't even go into that because it was horrific. 

At the water park I was a little bit self conscious. Maybe a lot, I didn't go on anything there, but I shopped so it was all alright!:) I mainly say in the sun with my book.

At the last place it was like heaven! The food was nicer, we had chalets instead of tents, and everything in the chalets we needed. We all needed it. All we did there was go to the River and Kano down. I'm not sure if it was kanoing or kayaking but it was also a lot of fun. There were cliff jumps as we went down the river and I could've probably done the first one but I have it a miss and sat and watched instead. 

I realise I have actually rambled on and think I will do this as two posts. I just have a lot to say! I'm going to leave a couple of pictures I took on the trip here also so enjoy. The next post may be the middle of the week or so, depending on my mood!

Adios amigos!xo




No comments:

Post a Comment